Be an Educated Hemp CBD Consumer
Today, it can seem like almost everyone is selling hemp CBD—it’s everywhere, in the news and all over the internet. But this is unlike nearly any other popular new product because it’s historic, controversial, political and seems to touch all of us in some way—be it family or friends.
Bill Reneau from EarthShack Gifts & Herbiary says customers come in every week looking to purchase a hemp CBD product and are often confused and are unaware of the differences between hemp and marijuana. Reneau takes the time to educate his customers and share some common pitfalls when choosing a hemp CBD product. He recommends that they should always do their research before they make an investment and trust a product. He explains that they should not sacrifice their health by simply choosing the cheapest and most convenient products. He further explains that many of the products that are being sold have misleading packaging that are designed to grab your attention and often leave out critical information for you to make an educated decision. Reneau says since hemp CBD products are sold in various forms, the more you know what to look for, you can make a better decision when making a purchase.
Here are some key areas to consider when purchasing a hemp CBD product.
- Look for whole plant products that are non-GMO, certified organic and gluten free.
- Hemp CBD products come in different forms, e.g. oils, creams, balms, gummies.
- Look for hemp extract dosage or milligrams per serving as some products offer different levels of strengths.
- Look for supplemental facts on packages and read their ingredients.
- Hemp CBD extract will not get you high.
- Hemp is not marijuana.
- Hemp seed oil is not the same as hemp extract.
- Not all hemp extracts have THC. (Visit EarthShack.org for more info on THC.)
- Marijuana has more than 0.3 percent THC (the only phytocannabinoid that gets you “high”).
- Hemp CBD extract has less than 0.3 percent THC and is not psychoactive, will not get you high.
- Hemp CBD extract comes with and without THC; if it contains THC, it is considered (full spectrum) and is most used. (Visit EarthShack.org for more info on full spectrum.)
- If taking a full-spectrum hemp CBD extract internally, it could show up on a drug test.
- Hemp CBD products are also available for pets.
Lastly, when using a hemp CBD extract product for the first time, Reneau says that most of his customers are saying that they feel a difference within 20 minutes of taking or applying the product. Some customers however need a longer time period to start seeing the benefits.
EarthShack, located in the Amish Market and at Crescent Moon Coffee & Tea, both in Mullica Hill, NJ. Call 856-210-7662, email [email protected] or visit EarthShack.org.