Greening Cherry Hill – It’s In Our Power
It’s in Our Power is partnering with Sustainable Cherry Hill to offer a five part course entitled, “Greening Cherry Hill – It’s in Our Power” that will provide participants with the tools needed to become a champion of the planet and ease financial strain.
All courses will take place at Cherry Hill Library from 9:30 until 11:00 a.m. The classes are as follows:
- May 14: Information is Powerful — Topics ranging from understanding each month’s energy bill to the basics of where energy comes from.
- May 21: Energy: The Choice is Yours – Energy providers and how they work with PSE&G to provide energy to each home as well as companies that provide “green” power options.
- June 4: A Non-Taxing Audit – A home energy audit can help individuals understand how their home wastes energy and is the first step to finding solutions to reduce costs and create a comfortable home.
- June 11: Finding Energy for Home Improvement – Types of improvements that can be made for a more efficient home, including low/no cost improvements as well as reducing costs, lowering utility bills and funding assistance from Federal and State programs.
- June 18: From the Inside Out – Walk outside and explore sustainable solutions for home landscaping.
Cost: $25 or 250 Recycle Bank Points. Course #149, Spring Recreation Brochure page 31. Location: 1100 Kings Hwy North, Cherry Hill. For additional information, contact Joan Simpson at 856-432-8741, [email protected] or visit OurPowerCherryHill.org.